Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My head is in another world

My head is in another world. This time Garth Nix was supplying my coke.

I've been smooching books that tells me about fantasy and mystery of the unspoken world. World that only stocks creatures who looks like people, but they weren't people. They drive cars, but not exactly a car. More like a transporter sort, where you can vaporise in naked eyes and appeared elsewhere in moments. They live in a house, but their house was more of a dungeon with mysterious one-thousand-and-one rooms. And what about those magical powers that stop evil and victor good? To me these tales are simply awesome!

Believe it or not, we all have been reading these fantasy tales since we can even start to remember. Cinderella, Peter Pan, Beauty and The Beast, Smurf (haha..), Ultraman (double haha..), just to name a few were all fantasies which were created, made and delivered to young children up to adults in capturing wild imagination and more importantly, happily ever after.

What I like most in these fantasy books were the curiosity of the main character, courage of the hero, unrelenting evil never wanting to stop, tests after so many tests, clash of characters, the beauty, the ugly, the uncharacteristics, additons to happy tales, sad tales, what-the? tales... all these lump into one creating one swirl of cloud in my head.

In my humble opinion, perhaps, the best franchise of fantasy of our time has been from The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter trilogies. Soon maybe Twilight made it across as a successful one. I'm just glad that these books are within my reach. Otherwise I wouldn't be talking about it here.

I believe, it is time to have a rest on fantasy.

I've been wanting to read some historical and maybe biographical next. Any suggestions? Make sure they are cheap to purchase, better yet borrowed or given away. Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. hi ina, i know what u meant.. been reading the twillight series.. honestly, i think the book is kinda boring.. it's too details for my taste but it got me hooked nevertheless because it is waayyy toooo detail when it comes to describing Edward's feeling which left me floating in the air.. hehe.. still tho, i have to stop reading them because it kinda messes up my life (cos i envy bella so much for having someone loving her THAT much) and messes up my nights sebab dah banyak malam ni, like more than a week i dream of edward cullen or to be precise, robert pattinson.. bila bangun je dah berpeluh sebab mimpi nak kena makan dengan vampirelah, apelah..semua ngeri je.. so seriously, I need to stop reading it.. too good to be true and really really can't afford having fantasies at the moment.. hehe.. fuh panjangnya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. fantasy makes us have some sweet and horrible dreams, ain't it? i just love Stephenie Meyer's way in describing all the population in the book. i think the more detail, the more interesting it would make. of course, my imagination did not run wild as i hoped to. nevertheless it makes you wonder a lot. now i think i'm going to seek some roman historical books. am planning to do some expanse travel to italy in 2010. need to start my research soon. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete