Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I love you, Jason Mraz!

4) to watch Jason Mraz in concert - done~!

Finally, my dream came true! I saw Jason Mraz live. I seriously love him.

So I and my sister went to Stadium Negara after Asar - about 5.45pm - and head out to find a parking spot on Jalan Hang Jebat. By 6.10pm, we were already there. Nasib baik tak jem huru hara like yesterday. Luckily there was a man who was just going out from a spot. Yeay! Free parking!

Because I bought the tickets on the phone, I needed to collect the tickets at the gate. The line wasn't long. It took about less than 15 minutes to queue. My tickets said I bought RM88 tix that seats on R1. I was cuak jugak coz takut that the seat area would be so far. I've never been to this venue before (I lied, I did came here when I was in elementary. I think I was representing my school for a pertandingan Khat peringkat KL). I cannot remember the seating area. Hopefully not too far from the stage.

To fill the void, we went to Berjaya Times Square for dinner. Tak sure nak makan apa. Suddenly, after turun monorail, we saw Papa John's banner. Terpengaruh, we went ahead to try out this new outlet. I macam excited sebab it brought back some memories of Bloomington. On the way there, we saw something more exciting. Krispy Kreme is opening soon!! hahaha... giler menarik.

Once seated at Papa John's, we ordered two 6" pizzas (small pizza that cuts to four pieces) and drinks. I think we ordered something called Meat Lover (ye ke?) and Papa's Chicken (eh, betul ke?). The cool thing was we were served the jalapeno jeruk and butter garlic dip which were yummy. You get the same condiments as ordering at the States. The verdict on the pizza? Meat Lover: NO, and Papa's Chicken: OK, not yummy though. To me, the dough was very much like Pizza Hut. I don't like it very much. I had higher hopes for a delicious pizza meal.

By 7.20pm, we make our move to the mosque on Hang Tuah for maghrib prayer. Wow, this mosque was beautiful!!! I love the small white flowers in the gardens. Felt like magic.

By 8.00pm, we were already in the Stadium. Excited giler, amik gambar semua and I tegur this one girl who sat next to me and asked her if I can contact her later to get few shots and videos on her camera. haha... giler terkejut that girl seeing me so direct. I siap asked her for her email and number without asking her whether it is okay. haha... nasib baik it was not a false info. Otherwise I know I was a little bit kukcoo at that point of time.

Like expected, the concert only starts at 8.30pm. Anyway, it was awesome! I was giddy all the way. Seeing Jason live was a surreal experience. Macam tak caya je he was there, standing in the middle of the stage, singing all my favourite songs.

I memang expect Jason would be superb in singing live. So my money was worth every penny. Syok! I wish I can share with you some videos. Tapi malangnya the quality of the sound was very bad on my cell phone (akibat lupa bawak digital camera). Maybe later I'll put some on FB. You might want to check it out.

One of my wish was to sing Lucky with Jason. But I think this can just be angan-angan. haha... if dapat jadi realiti, memang gumbira sungguh. I know he will sing this song with a lady at the concert. Tapi siapa ha? So far, the clips that I saw in Youtube, the ladies were really strong singers. Good la... enjoy. Tiba-tiba tonight, an unknown lady was up-stage. Dah la MIA at the second verse. We all dah rasa syok je bila boleh nanyi part tu. When she joined in the third verse, semua orang kat stadium jadi pelik. We all anonymously nak je boo this lady. Dah la lambat masuk, tak sedap pulak tu. Jason nampak nervous je. Anyway, we again anonymously rasa tak patut nak boo, suddenly the mood changed and we all cheered. Not to the lady anyway.

haha. I think this experience truly symbolise Malaysian's sentiments towards singers. If they are good, we idolise them. If they are bad, even a little bit bad, we want to ask them to leave stage. I think ngeri sket la jadi artis kat Malaysia ni. Silap-silap kene boo. Tapi I still ada hati nak jadi recording artis. hmm... bila nak buat demo ni?

Oh back to the concert, I think I will rate it 4 out of 5 stars because I felt it was too short and the indoor stadium was lacking air conditioner. Was hot like mad there. Kipas pun takde yang mengadap our seating place. Nasib baik bawak kipas tangan sendiri. Overall, it can be better if Jason interact more with audience, especially on local subjects, if the lady yang nyanyi Lucky was better, and if the venue was cooler. Oh, btw, the people who worked at the gate was cool. They let me bring my bottle water inside. Nasib baik. Otherwise I de-hydrated.

At the end, Jason did say that this was his first time in Malaysia and he promised - sort of - that this is not going to be the last. Loudly, I was screaming of joy. Yeay, he will visit me again. So next time, jom berjimba-ramba with me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment