Thursday, February 05, 2009

New Job Incoming


I think the issue abt my job is quite settled. My future boss can't wait for me to join her team. That's a good sign! Since I let her know abt accepting her offer last week, the whole of her team has been informed too - on a hush hush tone. I thought it wasn't supposed to be made official till the next two weeks. Well, what to do. I am pleased mixed with anxiety. I hope the team would like me.


Yerterday morning, I was surprised to hear my team mate colleague who were asking me abt it - saying that he heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone that I'm leaving. I felt sorry for him to know that way. I thought I was going to tell him personally after the long weekend. Someone beat me to it. So I told him my story, which has started more than 5 weeks earlier.

He didn't know abt the big big big boss called me to his office to discuss abt my future at the company. We both know it is was unavoidable that something was bound to happen to my unit. It was only time. Now he know my future, he was worried abt his. I hope he doesn't freak out too much.

Only today I managed to meet my current boss after his return from leave. My boss seemed sadden for my departure. From his reaction, I think he had hoped I didn't take the offer that quickly, or maybe he was thinking of considering me for a place in his team. I don't know what he thinks. I managed to be firm abt my decided decision. Thankfully I didn't re-think, otherwise I'll be in the in-between place again.

With this, I hope to escape the drama that I've been imagining for the longest time. It was a roller coaster in my head. Butt-heading people was not the best way to get what you want. Maybe this is the big compromise.

I still wish I had another option. The option that I really wanted to seriously consider. It didn't come by as I expected. Too bad, I thought I would be great there. Maybe they are not seriously considering me as I thought they would. Ah, maybe a better option will rise up sooner than later. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment